More than 40 organisations are affiliated to NCW. We provide them with a platform for their work and a means of communicating with government and influencing legislation.
We welcome societies whose objectives we share and respect.
Membership has to be ratified by our Management Committee.
A society affiliated to NCW can …
- send representatives to all NCW specialist policy group meetings
- receive regular mailings including minutes of groups meetings, the quarterly publication NCW NEWS, action-briefing papers and news
- attend all study days, conferences and lectures
- comment on NCW policy papers
- distribute one of its own leaflets annually by NCW mailing
- appoint a Council Member to vote at the AGM and all elections
- present a resolution for consideration
- have a link to its Internet website from the NCW site
At the Annual Conference and AGM Affiliates have the right to …
- propose agreed resolutions
- send official delegates who may participate in debate, and speak for or against resolutions in debate
- vote on all conference resolutions
- vote at the AGM through its Council Member
- dissociate itself officially from any ratified policy
- exhibit information and distribute its publications
An ordinary member of an affiliated society may …
- represent the affiliated society at a local branch or region.
A list of NCW affiliated societies appears below.