New Role: Part-Time Home-Based Vacancy – This post is self-employed
The National Council of Women of Great Britain, in order to increase and improve its digital presence and increase its membership, needs a person to manage and maintain internal and external communications and marketing through digital channels (website and social media). It includes seeking material relating to its aims.
This is a flexible, part time and home-based role
NCW is a charity founded in 1895 whose vision is to work for a world where it is no disadvantage to be born a girl
NCW aims to:
- encourage the effective participation of women in local, regional and national affairs
- secure the removal of all discrimination against women and girls
- provide information and stimulate discussion about issues of concern in our society
- make reasoned recommendations seeking change to Government, Members of Parliament and other relevant bodies
- work for international understanding and peace
To achieve these aims we need to do more to get better known and have our information, opinions and views circulated to wider audiences. We have thriving groups of sixth form girls in schools and are setting up a Network for those who have graduated to further studies, but more need to know about our work.
The postholder will be responsible for ensuring our work is communicated,
distributed and circulated through digital media. It is a new role. So you need to be a self- motivated, self-starter and see prospects that can be exploited. You will need to research and collect material that is relevant to aspects that the NCW is working on and ensure useful information is circulated.
We would rely on the postholder to manage their own workload and time. But we will expect regular activity to ensure digital channels, including the website content is managed, edited and moderated. We expect regular relevant up to date social media posts.
The postholder will be expected to develop appropriate communication methods (for example a blog)
NCW is run by an elected Management Committee. All office holders within the organization are voluntary, with one paid Adminstrative Secretary. Membership around the country includes individual and branch members, some of whom may be in full time education So the postholder will need to be able to communicate and consult with a disparate group.
Qualifications and skills
- a combination of creativity, innovation and practical knowledge to deliver promotional messages and campaigns, increase awareness of NCW and its aims and maintain recognition
- marketing expertise to assist in membership recruitment
- appropriate ability and computer skills as you’ll work with computer software to create or oversee the creation of graphics, videos, blog posts and other interactive formats
- appropriate social/digital media skills
- This is a highly collaborative position so excellent teamwork and communication skills are vital; you should be comfortable communicating with members, volunteers, charities and other organisations that we work with and the public.
- We expect the person to be driven, with an ability to set and meet goals and targets without routine management
- strong writing, editing and proof reading skills are needed
- This person needs to be enthusiastic about the aims of NCW
This role is ideal for those seeking flexible, part-time home-based work. There will be some travel and attendance at meetings, with reasonable expenses covered.
Total 14 hours work per week for which pay is 2 days @£150.00 per day.
Induction and support will be provided.
How to Apply
Applications are invited for this interesting new role.
If you are attracted by the aims of our organization, please send your cv with a covering letter, detailing how you meet the requirements.
We propose interviewing those shortlisted on a Saturday so please let us know if this would be suitable.
We hope the successful candidate will be able to join us as soon as possible following completion of the interview process.
The closing date is 21 days from posting the advertisement.
(Posted 12th February 2020 – Closing date Wednesday 4th March)
Please send applications to:
Administrative Secretary (Applications)
National Council of Women of Great Britain
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org