National Council of Young Women
Giving Young Women a Voice
- Work/life balance – Career, family and personal life
- Citizenship – How local and national government work; the role of NGOs; how you can make a contribution to society
- Women in decision making – Women’s participation in decision making, from business to national government
- Sexual stereotyping – The effects of gender, diversity and culture on women’s lives. The portrayal of young women in the media
- Violence against women and girls
- The Rights of Women and Girls as agreed in UN declarations
NCW values the views expressed by members of the National Council of Young Women, and we take their reports into account when debating resolutions to take forward to Government.
Find out more about our NCYW programme and how girls and young women help develop our policy. Call us on 01325 367375 or send us an email.
NCW members can now help shape UK priorities on gender equality by taking part in a new survey. Gwenda Nicholas, President, represented NCW at a meeting recently with the Minister for Women and Equalities, Nicky Morgan, together with representatives of the other Six-O...read more
“I enjoyed talking to the older generation and hearing different views from mine”
“I was informed and moved by the speakers”
THE NATIONAL COUNCIL OF WOMEN GREAT BRITAIN Administrative Office: 81 Bondgate, Darlington, Co. Durham, DL3 7JT. Tel: 01325 367375
Registered Charity No 1001015. Registered in England and Wales. No. 502692. Company limited by guarantee. No. 502692.
Registered Office: 36 Danbury Street, London, N1 8JU. NCW has special consultative status at the United Nations.