National Council of WomenHow to join
NCWGB members benefit from:
- Information and participation through our website
- A monthly mailing and quarterly newsletter
- Invitations to attend meetings, seminars and our National Conference at discounted rates
- Involvement in Special Committees and policy-making
- The opportunity to share their views with like-minded women.
Both Individual Membership and Branch Membership are open to all women. Branches exist all over England.
Individual Members can:
- Participate in all NCWGB meetings, seminars, and study days; attend our National Conference; and make your voice heard on subjects that concern you
- Become a representative on a policy committee
- Receive notification of meetings, agendas and reports
- Receive copies of our quarterly publication NCW News, and information about NCW affiliated organisations.
Branch Members can:
- Take part in a varied programme of events including speaker events, outings, social events, discussion group meetings and seminars
- Receive copies of our quarterly newsletter
- Debate and discuss topical issues, often responding to Action Briefings and Government Consultation papers
- Work with our regional groups on joint projects of local or national interest
- Work with local affiliated societies and other organisations
- Represent your branch at our National Policy Committees and feed information back to branch meetings for discussion
- Contribute to resolutions presented at our national conference. Resolutions that are passed at conference are also sent to government.
To become a member of NCW please click here to download an application form.
“The NCW makes a wonderful contribution to social welfare, education, the environment and a host of other contemporary issues, local, national and international. In addition, the meetings are most enjoyable, with entertaining and informative speakers and lively discussions. I look forward to the meetings every month, and feel I have made new friends.”
– Dr Andrena Telford
Conference is important
Conference is where NCW policy is made; resolutions are presented, discussed and voted on. It is important that you have a voice and express your view. NCW is made up of women who are well informed and who hold strong opinions. Come and make your opinion count! New members will find it an absorbing time, busy but great fun – a great way to spend a weekend! The next Conference will be held in October 2016.
Connect with Us
NCWGB is active across the country, with five regional committees that share ideas and work together on projects and seminars, producing reports for dissemination and publication.
The National Council of Women of Great Britain
Administrative office: 81 Bondgate, Darlington DL3 7JT
Telephone: 01325 367375
THE NATIONAL COUNCIL OF WOMEN GREAT BRITAIN Administrative Office: 72 Victoria Road, Darlington, Co. Durham, DL1 5JG. Tel: 01325 367375
Registered Charity No 1001015. Registered in England and Wales. No. 502692. Company limited by guarantee. No. 502692.
Registered Office: 36 Danbury Street, London, N1 8JU. NCW has special consultative status at the United Nations.