What we are trying to achieve
Our members come from all walks of life and represent women and girls from 18 to 98. We work actively to influence Government policy to improve the quality and equality of life for everyone. We make sure women’s voices and perspectives are heard and taken into account in policy making.
The aims of the National Council of Women of Great Britain are:
To encourage the effective participation of women in local, regional and national affairs
To eradicate discrimination against women and girls
Preserve human rights
To promote the establishment and maintenance of human rights for the people of the United Kingdom
Improve quality of life
To work to improve quality of life for all
Educate, empower and debate
To provide information and stimulate discussion about issues of concern in society
Challenge decison makers
To make reasoned demands, seeking change, to His Majesty’s Government, Members of Parliament, and other relevant bodies
Represent all women
To affiliate to the International Council of Women, forming a link with the National Councils of Women throughout the world, and to work for international peace and understanding
We share knowledge and wisdom among our members through:
- local and national discussion groups
- our regular monthly newsletter
- our Annual Conference
- sharing our analysis of the work of Parliament through our monthly Parliamentary monitoring report
- stimulating debate and discussion among young women at school through our NCYW groups
- reading lists and resource suggestions on a variety of topics
- school seminars on a range of subjects
- monthly Management Group Zoom meetings.
Become a member
Join a network of people who care about the lives of all women.
NCW in action
Our latest resolutions tackle overseas poverty, climate change, and innovation.